Saturday 23 June 2007

The arrival of 'Versawhip'




So my first trials with Versawhip 600. I'd read of people having issues with achieving the texture but I found it pretty straight forward. The textue is pretty special and has a really specific mouth feel before it almost evapourates in your mouth. I tried a simple caramel recipe (WD50) and it reminded me of a sweet we used to get back in England called 'cinder toffee'. I leaft the mix in the fridge over night and the nextday only a small amount of volume had gone. However when i put it back on the 'Kitchen-Aid' it whipped straight back up. The pictures are from the next day. Looking forward to playing with this over the next couple of weeks. Until then!

1 comment:

The Opinionated Alchemist said...

I know, that the post is already 10 years old. But maybe you still could help: Where to get the Versawhip (which distributor in Dubai)?