Tuesday 29 July 2008

Say "Cheese!"

This is a shot of our cheese trolley before it went out to the floor. I'm very lucky to be at a restaurant were cheese is an important part of the dinning experience. As you can see we usually run with 15 to 20 varieties. These will be a mix of both Australian and European cheeses. I particularly like the Australian goats cheese's but we have some fantastic imports. I buy a lot of my cheese from http://www.smellycheese.com.au. Mel looks after me there and she's always got lots of special lesser known cheeses to brighten up the board and filthy joke to make me laugh. Cheese is very expensive in Australia, especially the imported stuff, so I feel very lucky to be able to offer such a fine range. It's great watching the trolley go out full and then coming back with not much left, that means we might actually make some money on it. I just hope there's a little bit of runny Brillat Savarin for me to dip my warm bread in. Mmm..

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sexy cheese! Call me later for some more thilth! Mel xx